Monday, March 4, 2019

Birds of a feather don't flock together



I've always heard the saying: "birds of a feather flock together".  But now that I've been doing more birding, I think that's completely wrong.  When I watch the bird feeders, I see groups of birds of many feathers all together.  
Here is a Red bellied woodpecker and a blue bird at a suet feeder.


And here's two blue birds (male and female),  a goldfinch and maybe a yellow rumped warbler.
Birds are much more inclusive than people, they like to hang out together.



Here, a pair of bluebirds and a house finch visit a pretend bird.



2 comments:

  1. These are pretty! You wonder what the real birds think of the fake one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birds are awesome! In Australia feeding birds is discouraged, they think the birds should go find their own food. While I don't wholly agree if we put out feed it will bring the big birds (parrots etc) which while they are pretty would be at the expense of gorgeous little birds like these. So I don't feed them in the hopes of seeing both.

    ReplyDelete