Monday, May 1, 2017

Let's eat...the landscaping!



In our old place in Denver we had a large garden and most of the summer I could run out at dinnertime and pick something.  Here in Raleigh, our backyard is shady and visited often by deer and rabbits.  So instead I'm trying something new.  The catchword is "Foodscaping".  Using edible plants in landscaping.  I'm tucking lettuce, carrots, Kale, rosemary, thyme and chives in among the ornamental plantings.  I've got tomatoes and peas in containers.  So far the only thing looking promising is the lettuce, but who knows...?


3 comments:

  1. Great idea and the lettuce is coming along fine! Good luck with all your other plantings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much of my front flower bed is also edible. I grow kale, chard, and many herbs. I'm thinking about trying to get a tomato in there, too. I'm a bit behind this year. I think edible landscaping is very practical and as attractive as growing just flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea, hope the landscape tastes a s good as it looks.

    ReplyDelete